Yum! That’s all we can say about this mouth-watering recipe.
For the Mustard sauce:
160 ml sugar
20 ml mustard powder
10 ml mustard seeds
250 ml wine vinegar
15 ml each of fresh chives, origanum and dill; chopped
125 ml sour cream or Greek yoghurt
For the Meat:
1 whole Farmstead premium pork belly (+/- 1 kg)
Salt and pepper
Seared veggies and sweet potatoes; baked in aluminium foil to serve
1. Whisk the eggs well in a glass bowl. Gradually add the sugar, mustard powder and seeds, and whisk well.
2. Add the vinegar gradually and whisk. Season with salt and add the fresh herbs.
3. Whisk over a saucepan of boiling water (the bowl doesn’t touch the water) until the mixture has thickened & just begins to simmer.
4. Allow to cool, then stir in the sour cream or yoghurt.
1. Season the pork belly with salt and pepper. Grill high above hot coals until done, turning frequently, for about 40 min.
2. Cut into strips and serve the pork with the mustard sauce, veggies and sweet potato.